In the News
Chifles in the news
Chifles has been featured in numerous local and regional news stories. Click on the links below to view the videos, articles and blog posts. Media inquiries can be directed to Stefanie Mackenzie at (800) 477-2447 or submitted via our online contact form.
Tampa Bay Times
Journalist Belinda Kramer wrote a detailed story on the history behind Chifles and its founders, the Argudo family:
- Tasty bit of history comes with Chifles Plantain Chips (published March 28, 2013)
Fox 13 Tampa Bay
TV reporter Charley Belcher visited the Chifles plant in Tampa and aired four different interview segments, which can be viewed here:
- Charley’s World: A Visit to Chifles Chips (air date: July 17, 2013)
Tampa Bay Community Network (TBCN)
Peggy Argudo and Stefanie Mackenzie – the “reina” and “princesa” of Chifles, respectively – have appeared on two episodes of the Tampa Natives Show on TBCN.
- Chifles…A Tampa Natives Story: Part 1 (air date: August 2, 2012)
- Chifles…A Tampa Natives Story: Part 2 (air date: August 16, 2012)
Chifles plantain ships were featured on two popular Food Network shows:
- Unwrapped: Tropical (episode: CW1C25, season 3)
- Simply Delicioso with Ingrid Hoffmann: Paint Party (episode: IY0107H, season 1)
WFLA News Channel 8 Tampa
Daytime’s food and restaurant reviewer, Larry Cotton, produced a segment that featured Chifles plantain chips as a healthy alternative to traditional chips.
City of Tampa Television (CTTV)
Chifles was spotlighted in a Tampa history segment on the Spanish-language program ¿Que Pasa Tampa? with host Adri Colina.
The Daily Dish
Blogger Christy Ellingsworth posted a glowing review of Chifles Sweet Maduro Plantain Chips on The Daily Dish, which shares low-sodium recipes and product reviews.
- Thanks to Chifles, It’s Time to Get Your CHIPS ON! (published July 13, 2011)
Gary Saunders featured Chifles products on his Dixing Dining blog:
- Chifles Plantain, Cassava & Tortilla Chips (published February 22, 2009)
Chifles in Fashion
Attendees at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week (MBFW) shows enjoyed a taste of Cuba thanks to Chifles plantain chips:
- Chifles has supplied chips for Nicole Di Rocco’s Nicolita swimwear runway shows during MBFW Swim in Miami every July since 2010. Guests found Chifles in their VIP swag bags and munched on them at the bar during the end-of-show party.
- Designer Tracy Reese (a favorite of Michelle Obama) provided Chifles chips to attendees at her Cuban-themed Spring 2014 collection runway show during MBFW in New York, placing a packet of Chifles with the swag bag on each seat.