About Chifles Products
A great choice
Chifles (pronounced CHIEF-les) produces a variety of tasty treats that offer a healthier alternative to traditional potato chips and other fatty, salty and chemically enhanced snacks.
Why choose Chifles?
- Chemical and Preservative Free: There are no chemicals or preservatives in any of our products. Apart from imported green plantains, peeled cassava and stone-ground corn, the only other ingredients you’ll find on our labels are vegetable oil, salt and natural seasonings.
- Low Sodium: Chifles chips meet USDA regulations for low-sodium products. Our plantain chips have just 30mg of sodium per serving (the No Salt and Sweet Maduro varieties are sodium-free!), while our cassava and tortilla chips have only 70 to 75 mg per serving, respectively.
- Gluten Free and Nut Free: No wheat products, tree nuts or peanuts enter our production facility, which means all Chifles products are gluten-free and safe for consumers with nut allergies.
- Certified Kosher: Chifles plantain chips, cassava chips and soup mixes – along with all of our flavorings, oil and salt – are certified kosher by the Orthodox Union (OU), the world’s most recognized and trusted kosher certification.
- Vegan-Friendly: Our plantain, cassava and tortilla chips contain no dairy, eggs or other animal byproducts, so vegetarians and vegans can enjoy cruelty-free snacking. Chifles’ packaged soup mixes are also vegan-friendly when prepared without meat stocks.
Learn more about Chifles’ chip varieties and where to purchase them:
Plantains are a member of the banana family, but must be cooked prior to eating. Chifles’ plantains are harvested in Ecuador, Costa Rica and Guatemala, and then sliced, cooked and packaged in our Tampa production facility. Our plantain chips are low in sodium and high in potassium – equal to a banana – and contain vitamins A and C. Choose from seven delicious flavors: Original (available as round chips, rippled chips, slices and sticks), No Salt, Garlic, Mojo Mama, Hot & Spicy, Limon and Sweet Maduro.
Chifles’ cassava chips are made from the root of the cassava plant, also known as manioc, yuca or tapioca root. Our cassava is harvested in Costa Rica and Ecuador then shipped to our Tampa facility, where it is sliced and fried into chips. While they may look similar to potato chips, cassava chips have less fat, more fiber and a unique flavor all their own. They are also a good source of vitamin C.